Barcelona will be looking for their first win in 9 games against Sociedad at the Anoeta stadium, as they look to recreate their brilliant performance over the last two games. Lionel Messi – who has hinted at a contract with the Catalans – has been in particularly brilliant from after scoring 3 fantastic free- kicks in 3 successive games. Real Sociedad vs Barcelona Probable Lineup, Key Stats, Prediction
The only new injury concern going into this game for Enrique is Rafael Alcantara, who is out with a hamstring injury. Enrique has also chosen to rest Marc- Andre ter Stegen and will likely replace him with Jasper Cilessen in goal.
Real Sociedad vs Barcelona Probable Lineup, Key Stats, Prediction
Probable Lineup (4-3-3) : Rulli, Odriozola, Elustondo, Martinez, Berchiche, Prieto, Granero, Zurutuza, Juanmi, Jose, Oyarzabal
Probable Linup (4-3-3) : Cillessen, Roberto, Pique, Umtiti, Digne, Gomes, Busquets, Iniesta, Messi, Suarez, Neymar
• Barcelona have not registered a victory in 9 visits to the Anoeta stadium.
• The two have played 43 matches against each other in all competitions. Real Sociedad have registered 8 wins, 10 draws and 25 defeats against Barcelona.
• The Blaugrana are without a victory at Anoeta for nine years as their last victory happened on May 5, 2017.
• In the last five home games against Barcelona, Real Sociedad have won 4 times and draws once.
• Lionel Messi has scored 4 goals in his last 4 games across all competitions.
Real Sociedad vs Barcelona : Prediction
This might be the game in which Barcelona finally break their curse at the Anoeta stadium. Luis Enrique’s men have been enraged by their results this season and have looked like a different side in their last few matches.
They are now full of confidence and fired up for the tie, and given Siciedad’s injury issues, the Caralans may prove too much to handle for Eusebio Sacristan’s side to handle. This will still be a difficult game for Barcelona however , as Sociedad are a very strong side at home.
Despite this, Enrique’s men should be able to overcome their opponents at the Anoeta stadium tonight and set up an interesting return leg.
Prediction : Real Sociedad 1-2 Barcelona.